Our team specializes in working with clients who receive equity compensation, including stock options and restricted stock units (RSUs). As a client of MFA, you can expect that we will:
- Educate you on the type of options you own and how they are taxed.
- Review the current value of your options, as well as the potential pre-tax and post-tax values of the future.
- Coordinate with your tax preparer to minimize the tax impact of ordinary income, capital gains, and the alternative minimum tax (AMT).
- Discuss the potential upside, risks, and tax consequences of various scenarios.
- Develop a plan detailing how many options to exercise, which ones to exercise, as well as when to exercise.
- Review strategies and vehicles to diversify concentrated positions and/or defer tax liability.
For groups of 10+ employees, MFA can host an complimentary educational workshop at a client's workplace.